Spicy Elizabethan Pork Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400°F Heat the oil and gently fry the onion and garlic for 10 minutes
- Toss the meat in the flour combined with the spices and seasoning and add to the onion.
- Fry the meat, stirring occasionally until evenly browned. Stir in the red wine with the honey and continue to cook over a medium heat, stirring for a further minute.
- Add the dates and potato and transfer to an oven proof casserole dish.
- Cover and cook for 2-2½ hours or until the meat is thoroughly cooked. Just before serving stir in the fresh herbs.