1/1 Photo of Spicy Eggplant Slices With Variation (Indian)
I based this on how my mother makes it. She got it from our neighbors in the western part of India. Spice mix are guesstimates. Adjust to your taste
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make slits on the eggplant slices.
- 2Mix all the other ingredients ( spices) except the oil.
- 3Add about a tablespoon of water to wet the mix.
- 4Apply the spice mix on the eggplant slices.
- 5Add about a tablespoon of oil to the frying pan and fry a batch of the eggplant slices on one side.
- 6Turn over the eggplant slices and pour some more oil and fry.
- 7Complete with the remaining slices.
- 8Serve with Indian bread.
- 9Note: I try to use as much less oil as possible.
- 11Cut up the eggplant into thin strips.
- 12Heat the oil.
- 13Put all the ingredients (except eggplant) and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 14Add eggplant strips.
- 15Cook for about 15-20 minutes on fairly high heat. Stir in between so that nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- 16Enjoy this easier version :).
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Eggplant Slices With Variation (Indian)
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.7
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g