Spicy Eggplant (Aubergine)
- Wipe the eggplants and remove the stalks; cut into bite size pieces.
- Fry the eggplant in the oil for about 5 minutes, or until brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Fry the cumin and fennel seeds for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, grated ginger, crushed garlic, coriander, cardamom and vegetable broth; simmer for about 20 minutes until the mixture thickens to your desired consistency.
- Return the eggplant pieces to the pan and heat through.
- Serve eggplant garnished with freshly chopped coriander leaves.