Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Wok'd Chinese-style spicy eggplant
- 1 teaspoon palm oil
- 1 large eggplant, chopped in 1-inch x 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 green onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups collard greens, julienned
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vegan beef bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 -10 drop hot chili oil, to taste (optional)
- Turn burner on medium-high. Melt palm oil in wok, coat all sides.
- Add eggplant and onion, toss in oil until coated. Stir in sugar and let sweat, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Mix bullion, ginger root, and garlic into 1 cup water until fully dissolved.
- When eggplant is mostly soft, add broccoli, green onions, and collard greens. Mix in thoroughly.
- Pour bullion mixture over vegetables and cover.
- Cook 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, (or until all vegetables are desired tenderness).
- When serving, add 1-10 drops chili oil to taste. Serve over rice.