Tina Deliciousness's Note:
Wok'd Chinese-style spicy eggplant
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon palm oil
- 1 large eggplant, chopped in 1-inch x 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 green onions
- 1 1/2 cups collard greens, julienned
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vegan beef bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 -10 drop hot chili oil, to taste (optional)
- 1Turn burner on medium-high. Melt palm oil in wok, coat all sides.
- 2Add eggplant and onion, toss in oil until coated. Stir in sugar and let sweat, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- 3Mix bullion, ginger root, and garlic into 1 cup water until fully dissolved.
- 4When eggplant is mostly soft, add broccoli, green onions, and collard greens. Mix in thoroughly.
- 5Pour bullion mixture over vegetables and cover.
- 6Cook 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, (or until all vegetables are desired tenderness).
- 7When serving, add 1-10 drops chili oil to taste. Serve over rice.
You Might Also Like...View All Collard Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Eggplant
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.3
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegan beef bouillon powder