Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My DH loves egg salad sandwiches.... I decided I'd try something different one day and I found this recipe.... Green chiles and pepper sauce add pizzazz to the traditional classic.
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise or 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 bagels (of course my DH just used sliced bread) or 4 English muffins, split and toasted (of course my DH just used sliced bread)
- Combine chiles, eggs, mayonnaise dressing, green onion and hot pepper sauce in medium bowl.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Spread egg salad on toasted bagels or English muffins or bread.
I love egg mayo and I love anything spicy, so this was really a win win recipe for me. I served it on toasted wholegrain English muffins..delicious!
What a nice change from the normal egg salad sandwich. I cut the recipe in half and used minced fresh jalapeno in place of the canned chilies. This has a very slight amount of heat to it. I felt the need to add salt and pepper. Served it on German Peasant bread toasted. Very yummy. Thanks for posting. :)
I doubled everything (except the green chilies). This was very good, but a little watery. Next time I'd drain the chilies, or add the liquid in a little at a time. This also was not really spicy at all for our tastes. Despite that, it was a really tasty sandwich and loved the english muffin idea.