Recipe by Buster's friend
Egg salad with a little kick! Adjust the chile powder to your liking - start with less if you're not an affirmed chilehead & then increase as desired. Let egg salad rest 30 to 45 minutes after making final pepper addition to let flavors meld.
- 8 large eggs, hardboiled, cooled & peeled
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery (inner stalks best)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared mustard (I use brown)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mccormick chipotle chile
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice eggs - I use an egg slicer & pass egg through twice at 90 degree angles for regular dice.
- Stir in mustard, chile powder & mayo.
- Fold in celery & onion.
- Chill for 45 minutes.
- Taste - be ready for a little toasty kick! Add salt & black pepper if desired. Serve with lettuce & thinly sliced tomato on lightly toasted dark pumpernickel. Enjoy!