Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Egg salad with a little kick! Adjust the chile powder to your liking - start with less if you're not an affirmed chilehead & then increase as desired. Let egg salad rest 30 to 45 minutes after making final pepper addition to let flavors meld.
- 8 large eggs, hardboiled, cooled & peeled
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery (inner stalks best)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared mustard (I use brown)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mccormick chipotle chile
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- Dice eggs - I use an egg slicer & pass egg through twice at 90 degree angles for regular dice.
- Stir in mustard, chile powder & mayo.
- Fold in celery & onion.
- Chill for 45 minutes.
- Taste - be ready for a little toasty kick! Add salt & black pepper if desired. Serve with lettuce & thinly sliced tomato on lightly toasted dark pumpernickel. Enjoy!
Husband and I are big egg salad fans. Really liked the smoky chili flavor. Did need a good dose of salt and pepper for our taste. Makes great sandwiches. Thanks.
This is a wonderful egg salad on small crispy toasts or even crackers. I actually ate this at the chef's home and loved it!
Thanks for the tasty recipe! I filled a greek sundried tomato pita with the egg salad. The chili powder really adds a kick and it compliments the flavours so well. I used red onion because I love red onions. The only thing I would do different is add a little bit of salt. Thanks again!