Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
ALMOST jambalaya, but way easier!
- 1 lb Polish kielbasa
- 20 ounces Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- 14 -16 ounces chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup uncooked instant rice
- Put some good Louisana Blues on - don't be afraid to turn it up! Tab Benoit is a good choice. Or Doug Kershaw!
- Open a cold beer - to be authentic, find some Dixie Beer!
- Slice the kielbasa into bite size pieces. In a large skillet, saute the kielbasa until lightly brown. Drain. Add the tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil, and cook for 2 - 3 minutes. Turn off the heat. Stir in the rice; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir and serve.
- I added 1/2 a chicken breast, cubed and sauted in ground fresno pepper and garlic, and increased the broth to 2 1/2 cups and the rice to 1 1/4 cup. I also added crushed red pepper to the mix. Ground cayenne pepper or ground cajun spice coud be used instead of the fresnos. Kicked it up a notch, I must say. Certainly didn't add any Tobasco!