4 hrs 20 mins
A crockpot recipe from Debra Clifton, Oklahoma Beef Cook-off Recipe Contest, 2013 2nd Runner Up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 lbs chuck, roasts boneless
- salt and pepper
- 32 ounces beef stock
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers, with juice (you can also use sweet red peppers)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar cherry peppers, drained (hot or mild)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- deli rolls rice, noodles or mashed potatoes
- 1Salt and pepper the chuck roast on both sides. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over high heat and sear each roast until deep golden brown. Remove roasts from pot and set aside on a plate.
- 2Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic and cook until fragrant about 30 seconds, pour in beef stock, whisking to scrape the bottom of the pan. Pour in crushed tomatoes, pepperoncini's (with the juice) and the drained hot cherry peppers. Stir to combine, then put everything into the crock-pot including the roasts.
- 3Cook for 4-6 hours on high or until meat is falling apart and adding the mushrooms for the last 30 minutes to an hour (enough so that they release there flavor and are softened but not cooked away).
- 4Options: Should time allow, cool slightly then place the pot in the refrigerator for several hours to allow fat to harden at the surface. Use a spoon to scoop out the hardened fat (some residual fat is okay) then heat it up again on the stovetop. When the meat is heated again, remove the roasts to a cutting board. Use two forks to shred it into big chunks, then return the meat to the cooking liquid. Serve on toasted deli rolls or with rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.
- 5Oven Method: Cook in a Dutch oven at 300 degrees for 4-6 hours.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Drip Beef
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.6
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 978.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: