Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pretty and colorful dessert made easy with dried fruit.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 lemon slices, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 10 whole cloves
- 6 inches cinnamon sticks
- Cut up any large pieces of dried fruit.
- Place fruit and raisins in a large saucepan.
- Stir in orange juice and sugar.
- Bring to boil.
- Stud lemon slices with cloves.
- Add to pan.
- Add cinnamon sticks.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until fruit is tender.
- Discard lemon slices and cinnamon sticks.
- Cool slightly.
- Spoon into serving dishes.
- Top with whipped cream.