Prep 5 mins
Cook 23 mins
Excellent spicy dipping sauce served hot with meatballs or spareribs. Easy to make with one saucepan. If you like it really spicy, add more curry powder and horseradish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat butter in small saucepan over moderate heat.
- Add onion and curry powder and stir for 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with meatballs or spareribs for dipping.
OMG! Over the moon happy with this one. My biggest problem was I only made a half batch and that went in a jiffy. Trying to keep it light here so I cooked my onions in a little cooking spray. Otherwise made as directed and served with chicken strips on a skewer. By the end of lunch, no decorum left, we stopped delicate dipping and just spooned the sauce right on top. Caution, this really is spicy so you have to be able to take the heat to enjoy. Thanks!