Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an adopted recipe that I have yet to try. The comments of the original poster are as follows: "One of my favorite snack growing up. Of course, not everyone will like this. I don’t drink but this recipe is a sure hit as “pulutan” (finger food). EASY AND QUICK."
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 lb dilis (anchovies)
- cooking oil
- Beat eggs until fluffy, the add sugar, salt and pepper.
- Blend in cornstarch and beat until smooth.
- Pour mixture over anchovies and stir until completely coated.
- Deep-fry until crisp and golden brown.
- Cool before serving.