Recipe by momma213
I love fried Green tomatoes but hate the work so i thought of it this way and it work Yummy!!!
- 4 large green tomatoes (larger size)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix, martha white, jiffy
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (extra spicy)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- oil, for deep fryer
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil 400 degrees.
- Wash and slice green tomatoes in 1/4 inch slices.
- In medium bowl mix flour, corn meal and seasoning, set aside.
- Mix eggs and milk, set aside.
- Dip tomatoe slices in flour, then in egg, shake off excess, then dip back in flour mixture, shaking to knock off some of the extra loose breading.
- Deep fry turning once till golden brown and they will float.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with Ranch dressing.