Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
No, these are not aligator testiciles but rather gator meat fashioned into a ball and deep fried. I had to go to a cajun specialty market to find the aligator
- 1 lb cooked flaked alligator meat
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 3 cups peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon Frank's red hot sauce
- Mix everything but cornmeal and oil together.
- heat oil.
- shape into balls.
- roll balls in cornmeal until coated.
- fry in oil until golden brown.
- drain on paper towels.
instead of cornmeal i used chicken breader and they were delicious.