Recipe by adopt a greyhound
I found this on a blog on the internet and thought it was great. It is time consuming but great flavors.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste, Thai
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, medium
- 1 teaspoon hot chili paste (sambal oelek)
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk, lite
- 1 (16 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 lb rice stick noodles
- 2 chicken thighs, skinless, boneless, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a 4 quart sauce pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 shallot, garlic, lemongrass, ginger and heat until fragrant, about 1 minute
- Reduce heat to med. low and stir in curry paste, curry powder and chili paste. Add 1/2 Cup coconut milk scooped from the top of the can.
- Stir until thick and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add remaining coconut milk, broth, fish sauce, and sugar; bring broth to a boil then turn down and keep warm.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add snow peas and cook 2 minutes, drain. Remove to a bowl. Same pot bring back to a boil and add sweet potato, cook until tender about 7 minutes. Remove, drain and place in another bowl.
- Bring same pot back to a boil and add rice sticks, cook for about 6 minutes. Remove, drain and place in another bowl.
- Bring broth mixture back to a simmer. Add chicken and mushrooms, simmer until cooked through, about 10 minute Add sweet potato to heat through.
- Cut noodles with scissors and warm up in the microwave if cold. Divide noodles into serving bowls, top with snow peas and hot broth, chicken, mushroom mixture. Top with remaining shallot, green onion, cilantro, and jalapeno. Squeeze lime quarter and serve.