Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great light side that goes well with oriental-style dishes.
- 1 English cucumber
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Cut cucumber to wedge shape, then thin slice.
- In a bowl, mix Soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, chile garlic sauce, garlic and sugar.
- Add cucumbers, mix well.
- Let cucumber set for at least 20 minutes, stir every few minutes.
- Use as side dish, serve cold.
This is more bitter than spicy. Sorry I didn't like it at all. This just didn't work out for me.
If you like spicey cooking w a flair, you will luv this recipe.
This was YummO as Rachel would say. My husband and son were both saying how great they were as we ate them all up :) easy to make, quick, if you don't like the extra salt taste use low sodium soy sauce to cut down-great recipe-thanks