Recipe by Bergy
This is a Thai condiment that goes well with Satay. Satay is a Thai shishkabob, chicken or beef that dipped in peanut sauce and BBQ'd
Top Review by s'kat
This was wonderful! The cucumbers were spicy and crunchy... a perfect accompainament to Grilled Asian Style Flank Steak, Soba Noodles, and Asian Slaw. Next time, I may possibly make these up a couple of hours early to allow the flavors to marinate. Very good stuff!!
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Slice the cucumbers thinly
- Place cucumbers, onions and chillies in a bowl
- Combine remaining ingredients (except the peanuts) and drizzle over the salad
- Toss well, (at this point you may place the salad in the fridge for an hour or so but I like to finish it and serve at once)
- Garnish with the peanuts & serve.