Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in The Toronto Star newspaper today, haven't tried it yet but looks good! Looking forward to any reviews or I'll post more when I try them.
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- fresh ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Stir together cola, lime juice, rum, sugar and jalapenos.
- Boil on medium heat, reduce to medium-low and simmer for about 15 minutes, until syrupy.
- Toss wings with salt and pepper.
- Stir half the cola mixture into the wings.
- Bake wings on baking sheet lined with parchment for 10 minutes.
- Return leftover cola mixture to pot and boil for 5 mintutes. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Burhs wings with cola syrup. Place baking sheet with wings on the top rack, close to broiler. Broil for about 10 minutes or until flesh is tender and skin is glazed dark brown. Turn halfway and brush with more syrup.
- The recipe warns they burn easily, so remove as soon as they're done. It also recommends putting an oven proof platter on the bottom oven rack, presumably to hold wings as they're finished cooking but to keep them warm in the ove.