Adapted from Just Hungry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F
- 2Peel and chop the garlic cloves rather coarsely.
- 3Toss all the ingredients together thoroughly. Spread evenly over a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring around midway through. Take out and let cool. [Edit: this baking time turns out peas that are a mix of crunchy ones and ones that are still a bit soft - I like this variety.
- 4Since all ovens vary, you will need to test the doneness. If you like your peas to be a bit soft, bake them for a shorter time; if you like them very crunchy leave them in longer.].
- 5Store this in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Makes a great beer snack.
- 6You can make it sweet-spicy by sprinkling over some brown or raw sugar to while it's still hot from the oven.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Crunchy Chickpea Snack
Serving Size: 1 (1544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.6
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 723.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: