Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Just Hungry.
Make and share this Spicy Crunchy Chickpea Snack recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F
- Peel and chop the garlic cloves rather coarsely.
- Toss all the ingredients together thoroughly. Spread evenly over a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring around midway through. Take out and let cool. [Edit: this baking time turns out peas that are a mix of crunchy ones and ones that are still a bit soft - I like this variety.
- Since all ovens vary, you will need to test the doneness. If you like your peas to be a bit soft, bake them for a shorter time; if you like them very crunchy leave them in longer.].
- Store this in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Makes a great beer snack.
- You can make it sweet-spicy by sprinkling over some brown or raw sugar to while it's still hot from the oven.