Top Review by Rise`
THANK YOU! I had never made croutons before but SO just loves them so this weekend I did! I used this loaf of hard french bread (it was too hard for regular bread, so this was great, I didn't waste it)! I (of course) increased the garlic to 4 cloves and sprinkeled some parmesean cheese in the mix. It's too hot here for soup right now, so I'll try that next fall! Thank you again!
- 1⁄2 loaf day old bread, such as ciabatta
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil (more to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Rough cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place in large bowl.
- Whisk garlic, oil, Tabasco, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Pour oil mixture over bread and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Spread evenly on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Toss to turn cubes.
- Bake an additional 7-10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- These go great over salad or my Potato, Leek, Mushroom Soup (Recipe #28211).