Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Came up with these when serving my Potato-Leek-Mushroom Soup this weekend. Yum! Would be great over salad as well.
- 1⁄2 loaf day old bread, such as ciabatta
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil (more to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Rough cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place in large bowl.
- Whisk garlic, oil, Tabasco, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Pour oil mixture over bread and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Spread evenly on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Toss to turn cubes.
- Bake an additional 7-10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- These go great over salad or my Potato, Leek, Mushroom Soup (Recipe #28211).
THANK YOU! I had never made croutons before but SO just loves them so this weekend I did! I used this loaf of hard french bread (it was too hard for regular bread, so this was great, I didn't waste it)! I (of course) increased the garlic to 4 cloves and sprinkeled some parmesean cheese in the mix. It's too hot here for soup right now, so I'll try that next fall! Thank you again!
Just wanted to say that I LOVE your idea of adding tabasco to croutons! Why didn't I ever think of that?!
This was the first time I tried making croutons so it wasnt the best quality but im so kicked by the idea that "hey I can make croutons at home". No more store-bought croutons for me. I substituted tabasco sauce with chilli sauce and they turned out really crispy. The only problem was that the sauce didnt mix very well so some croutons were more salty than the other and so on. But all in all a great recipe!!! Thanx Lisa.