Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I adapted this recipe from SparkPeople. It's become one of our favourites.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 59.14 ml peanut butter
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml soy sauce (Tamarind to be gluten free)
- 4.92 ml grated fresh ginger
- 59.14 ml sweet chili sauce
- 59.14 ml sambal oelek ground chili paste (adjust amount to preference)
- 29.58 ml chopped peanuts (optional)
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, sweet chili sauce and sambal oelek.
- Brown the chicken using a small amount of oil or use a stovetop grilling pan.
- Once the chicken is browned, dip the chicken in the sauce and place in slow cooker.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over top of the chicken.
- Cook on Low 8 hours or on High 4 hours.
- Garnish with peanuts and cilantro, if using.
- **This is very hot! It's best to add the Sambal Oelek after everything else and adjust the amount to your preference.