Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe is adapted from one given to me by my sister-in -law. If you like extra spicy foods then this one is for you. as you can adjust the heat.This is a very adaptable recipe so feel free to play with it.I rarely have leftovers when I bring to gatherings & I always have people request the recipe.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, browned and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans (or great nothern)
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes (hot or mild)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans white shoepeg corn
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 -3 cups chicken broth (I always use chicken broth) or 2 -3 cups beef broth (I always use chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Brown ground beef with chopped onion.Drain.
- Add all ingredients to a 7 quart Crock Pot Stir well.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Important! Do not drain the cans, just add entire contents of each can.
- Serve with tortilla chips & shredded cheese.
- One or more optional garnishes can be added to bowls of soup.
- sour cream,avocado slices,black olives,cilantro, jalapeno slices.
- Notes: Can substitute cubed raw chicken in place of the beef or before serving add shredded cooked chicken and heat through.Can also cook in large pan on stove top. Bring to a boil and turn heat down to low, simmer for 30 min.Stir occasionally.
This was good and easy to make. I used petite diced tomatoes instead of the Rotel and used beef broth. I made this and froze it for lunches. Made for Fall PAC 2012