Recipe by Mark H.
A rich, spicy cheese dip that is a must for parties and get-togethers. It also works well as a sauce. You can make it as mild or as spicy as you like, depending upon the type of sausage and/or Rotel you use.
Top Review by Denise!
Excellent dip! I first had this about 10 years ago and had forgotten about it. We've been having this on Saturday nights as my DH usually works late and it goes great with cold beer with lime! Yes, DH loves it! It keeps well in the crockpot and is a perfect Saturday night appetizer. I tried the new thicker Tostitos with this last Saturday night and everyone loved it. Thanks, Mark!
- 1 lb sausage (chorizo works well, too)
- 32 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 (28 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes (for added spice use the "Extra Hot" flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble sausage and brown in skillet.
- Place Velveeta and Rotel into a crock pot and heat on high.
- Once sausage is browned, add it to the crock pot.
- Continue heating on high, stirring occasionally, until cheese has melted.
- Turn heat down to low, get out the tortilla chips and beer, and enjoy the ballgame.
- This recipe works as a sauce as well.
- If you are having a large get-together, I recommend doubling the recipe, it's usually the life of the snack buffet.