Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Simple simple simple i made this for a work function and they loved it
- 3628.73 g pork shoulder
- 14.17 g dried jalapeno pepper (McCormick has a bottle)
- 44.37 ml onion powder
- 236.59 ml water
- 2 (1020.58 g) bottle spicy bbq sauce
- Place pork in crockpot.
- pour in water.
- sprinkle on jalapenos and onion powder.
- cook pork on low in crockpot for 8-10 hours.
- drain fluids out of the crockpot.
- shread pork into small chunky peices and return to crock pot.
- pour in bbq sauce and mix well.
- heat for another 1-2 hours and serve.
I had to really scale this recipe down, as it's pretty huge-but it worked out really well.
My pork was fall apart tender, but still moist and juicy. I think what really made this though, was the barbecue sauce that I used....gailanng's Honey Chipotle Barbecue Sauce#430587, which I wholeheartedly recommend.
A really simple,tasty pulled pork recipe that DH and I both really enjoyed.
Made for my Spring PAC 2011 baby.