Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (add more if you like it hotter)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (red or green)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 2 (16 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans
- 5 ounces medium cheddar, shredded
- brown meat, onions and garlic in oil in an iron skillet.
- put into crock pot with all ingredients, except beans.
- cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, adding beans the last hour.
- serve hot and top with shredded cheese.
Only used one green pepper and 1tsp hot sauce but added one seeded habanero, (we like it spicy). One can of sliced mushrooms and the cumin, as mentioned below, and LOTS of salt as there was none in the recipe?
My hubby made this for me for my birthday. He didn't plan in advance, so, he just did it on the stovetop. He omitted the pepper and added an extra splash of hot sauce. It was very good and easy! Thanks for posting, Drago!
This was a wonderful flavored chili. Not to strong - just right. I added a spoonful of sour cream on top of each serving bowl of chili and then sprinkled the cheddar over top. Also, placed corn chips around the bowl. Served it with a mexican corn and corn bread. Thanks for a quick recipe. The longer you cook it the better the flavors blend together.