Recipe by Lennie
A hot spicy meatless crock pot dish -- and easy, too!
Top Review by pollen
yummm! this was delicious, lennie - thank you! i made it pretty much exactly according to the recipe, and it got rave reviews all around. I really liked the flavour the balsamic vinegar added. I will certainly be making this again! (and it was really easy too :)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (reduce if that's too spicy for your tastes)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes (, canned or fresh)
- 2 (19 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook onions, stirring, just until they begin to brown; then add garlic and all spices and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add vinegar and tomatoes and bring to a boil, then place mixture in your slow cooker; add chickpeas and combine well.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours, or until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Serve with hot naan or pita bread.