Recipe by Max Thames
I love traditional "buffalo" wings, but like to try new ways to make them. I found this recipe on Southernfoods.about.com (supposedly one of Zaar's competitors but not in my view). I screened the wing recipes on Zaar's site but didn't find any duplicates. I know you'll like the simplicity and taste of this wing variation as much as we did.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 1⁄2 cups bottled barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard (regular or spicy)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread wings in a single layer on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix sauce ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Broil wings, 4 inches away from heat, until nicely browned (about 10 minutes).
- Turn wings, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and broil until browned as above.
- Place browned wings in a crockpot.
- Pour sauce over wings.
- Cook 2 1/2 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low.
- Serve with french fries or, if you prefer, rice.