Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love traditional "buffalo" wings, but like to try new ways to make them. I found this recipe on Southernfoods.about.com (supposedly one of Zaar's competitors but not in my view). I screened the wing recipes on Zaar's site but didn't find any duplicates. I know you'll like the simplicity and taste of this wing variation as much as we did.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 1⁄2 cups bottled barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard (regular or spicy)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Spread wings in a single layer on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix sauce ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Broil wings, 4 inches away from heat, until nicely browned (about 10 minutes).
- Turn wings, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and broil until browned as above.
- Place browned wings in a crockpot.
- Pour sauce over wings.
- Cook 2 1/2 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low.
- Serve with french fries or, if you prefer, rice.
Family enjoyed the wings alot. Thanks for posting.
I made these wings today and the family loved them! Just wanted to say for those of you that don't particularly care for honey (like me), this recipe is great without it. I just used a bit extra bbq sauce and used more Tabasco sauce to spice it up a bit more. So yummy!! Thank you so much for this recipe!
These were so good! I added some extra Tabasco sauce but that was the only change I made. The chicken meat was so tender it was falling off the bones. I am going to try this using Franks Hot Sauce to make spicy wings. Thanks for a great recipe!