Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Chicken from the crock pot with a zesty taste.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In crock pot, mix onion, green pepper, water, lemon juice, oil and seasonings.
- Add chicken; turn to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken and thicken juices if desired.
My hubby and I LOVE anything that is spicy! And BOY did this do the trick. I did laso add 1 jalapeno diced to it, and omitted the vegetable oil, but it was so delicious! We ate the whole thing right up! Thanks!
It was a wonderful dish! Great flavor! I did add 1 cup of chicken broth and turned the sauce into gravy. I served it with mashed potatoes and green beans. COMFORT FOOD!! Thanks for warming us up on a cold day!
This dish has such wonderful, full bodied flavor to it. All of the spices gave the chicken and veggies a kick, and the aroma was wonderful. I especially liked the Italian seasoning. I used a hot paprika and New Mexico chile powder. I wouldn't change a thing in this recipe. Definately a keeper....and I really liked the way the nutrition facts worked out on this recipe too. Thanks, Nez, for sharing another of your wonderful, delicious recipes.