Recipe by Feingold Mom
We love this on a cold winter night. My kids like to add cheese and sour cream to the end result.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Loved the hominy in this dish!! DH does not like spicy food but he had two of these. I need to double this next time so there will be leftovers. Very good and I'll make it again. I made this back in Oct 2007 and found the review as I'm cleaning out my recipe notes...8 pages!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can hominy
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken pieces until browned in skillet. Remove and drain.
- Place onion, garlic and jalapeño pepper in skillet and sauté until slightly cooked.
- Add all ingredients to stoneware and stir to combine. Add hominy in the last hour. Cover cook on Low 7 to 9 hours or on High 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve with flour tortillas.