Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
We love this on a cold winter night. My kids like to add cheese and sour cream to the end result.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can hominy
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Cook chicken pieces until browned in skillet. Remove and drain.
- Place onion, garlic and jalapeño pepper in skillet and sauté until slightly cooked.
- Add all ingredients to stoneware and stir to combine. Add hominy in the last hour. Cover cook on Low 7 to 9 hours or on High 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve with flour tortillas.
Loved the hominy in this dish!! DH does not like spicy food but he had two of these. I need to double this next time so there will be leftovers. Very good and I'll make it again. I made this back in Oct 2007 and found the review as I'm cleaning out my recipe notes...8 pages!
My family really enjoyed this recipe! I left the jalepeno out and served it with cheese and home made corn tortillas. My picky five year old son even liked it! Thanks so much! We'll be making this again!