Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
The aroma of the spice mix reminds me a lot of Gardetto's original snack mix... mmmmm! It's combined with crushed cornflakes and it makes extra (unless you want to really want to spice things up and use it all...) to save for seasoning pork chops, etc. And please don't skip the step of making sure the chicken is skinless... otherwise it can get a little greasy.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces, your choice,skin removed
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cups corn flakes cereal, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the spice mix ingredients.
- Place the crushed cornflakes cereal in a large plastic zipper bag and add 2/3 of the spice mixture (reserve the rest for seasoning another dish).
- Put mayonnaise into a shallow dish, then thoroughly coat chicken pieces with the mayo; then one at a time, put chicken pieces into the cornflakes mixture and again coat thoroughly with that.
- Bake chicken on an ungreased shallow baking pan 45 minutes, or until chicken is crisp on the outside and tender inside.