Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I went to our Saturday morning outdoor market and found the Pappardelle's Pasta stand. They sell flavored pasta's, oils and sauces. I was in the mood for shrimp so I choose the Lemon Garlic Linguine flavor. I also bought the Roasted Garlic Herb Fettuccine (Recipe: Ginger Beef Stir Fry with Roasted Garlic Herb Pasta). To find a Pappardelle's near you or to order their pasta online, go to www.pappardellespasta.com. I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it sounds delicious...hope you enjoy!
- 1 lb lemon garlic pasta (Pappardelle's)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream or 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, choppped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta until al dente (8-10 minutes). Reserve 1/4 C of the cooking liquid. Return to the pot and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and reserved liquid. Cover to keep warm.
- In a large saute pan, heat remaining olive oil and add onions, stirring until soft (about 5 minutes). Add garlic, paprika, cayenne, oregano, thyme, and salt. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the white wine and cook cover high heat until nearly all evaporated.
- Add the cream, lemon juice and cook, stirring occaisonally until slightly reduced.
- Add the shrimp and cook until nearly pink. Add the onions and parsley and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked pasta to sauce and toss to coat. Let cook for 1 minute until pasta is warmed through. Remove from heat and top with 1/4 cup of Parmesan.
- Top each serving with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
This recipe was very good. My husband loved it. It just didn't have the wow factor I was hoping for, but it's definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing it.