1/2 Photos of Spicy & Creamy Cajun Pasta Bake
1 hr 15 mins
Emily Jane's Note:
If you like it HOT and flavorful, this one is for you! Served with garlic bread it's to die for. I made this one up a couple nights ago and it turned out amazingly well. Use 1/2 a chiptole pepper if you'd rather your pasta not be so spicy (but it'll still have a kick).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 4 tablespoons cajun dry rub seasonings or 1 cup cajun marinade
- 1/2 lb penne pasta (or other)
- 1 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced spring onion
- 1 cup diced mushroom
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- parmesan cheese
- 1Add rub or marinade to chicken and set in refrigerator for at least an hour (or you can buy an already-cajun-marinated chicken breast).
- 2In the blender, combine whipping cream, can of tomatoes, garlic, chipotle pepper (pouring in a little of the adobo sauce for an extra flavor boost, if desired), and salt & pepper to taste. Blend well and set aside.
- 3Sautee marinated/rubbed chicken in olive oil until almost done and then add red pepper, onion and mushroom, sauteeing until vegetables are tender.
- 4Turn heat down to medium-low and pour cream sauce over chicken & veggies.Simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta only about half-way through; when sauce is done simmering and has thickened a bit, add the pasta and coat thoroughly.
- 7Pour into a baking dish and sprinkle with parmesean cheese; bake covered with foil for 20 minutes; uncover and bake an additional 10-12 minutes. (this is also a good time to add the garlic bread to the oven, if preparing).
- 8Remove from oven and let sit for a couple of minutes - and then ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy & Creamy Cajun Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.1
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 154.1 mg
- Sodium 107.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 31.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry rub seasonings
chipotle chiles in adobo