Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe I got from a Rachael Ray cookbook. I altered it a little to make it healthier!
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lowfat margarine
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen corn kernels
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock, Reduced Sodium
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp EVOO and the butter. Add the onions, jalapenos, bell peppers, garlic, corn, salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the onions are tender. Sprinkle with flour, and continue to cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the chicken stock and milk. Bring the corn up to a simmer and then lower the heat to medium-low and add in cornstarch; cook until thick and creamy, about 5 minutes. Finish the corn with parsley and cilantro.