Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve this with noodles or mashed potatos. You don't have to add the seafood or the poultry if you desire. This is also great over fresh cooked or grilled asparagus. A quick satisying meal any way you serve it. Use a mixture of the type of cheese listed or one type but use 1 cup. Delicious over hot cornbread!
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, pepper jack, colby, parmesan)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, mild
- 2 -3 cups canned chicken breasts or 2 -3 cups diced cooked chicken or 2 -3 cups diced seafood
- Melt butter or margarine in a medium saucepan, add flour, garlic powder and any optional ingredients. Wisk until smooth or medium to low heat.
- Add milk, turn up heat a little and wisk until thickened.
- Add cubed cream cheese, shredded cheese and green chilies. Stir until melted and mixed on low heat. Add poultry or seafood if desired.
- Canned salmon without the skin and bones is great in this sauce also.
- Heat until hot.
it would be nice to know when to add the flour.