Recipe by Molly Bloom
A lovely creamy, spicy, super-easy-super-cheap-super-fast lunch option or dinner starter. Hits the spot on rainy, cold days.
Top Review by dbrand
Wow. This was fast, easy, and very, very good. I bought too many ears of corn at the farmer's market, so I used fresh corn, but I'm sure canned corn will work well when fresh isn't readily available. Thanks!
- 1 (28 ounce) can sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon butter (or vegetable spread)
- 1 tomatoes
- 1⁄2 jalapeno (or any kind of hot chile that's handy)
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (or less if you like it thick)
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop all vegetables.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter and cook the onions until soft. Add the garlic, tomato, half the tin of corn and half the amount of jalapeno. Cook for about 2 minutes, until tomato is almost dissolved. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Put veggies in blender and puree until smooth (add a little milk if you have difficulty blending them). Return blended veggies to saucepan and add milk. Mix well and add remaining corn and jalapeno, do not let it boil.
- Serve immediately and top bowls with cheddar cheese Serve with hot flour tortillas or corn bread.