Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I invented this one year when hosting my husband's family Thanksgiving, and my brother-in-law will NEVER allow me to make any other kind!
- cornbread, baked and crumbled (I use Martha White mix)
- 3 cups day-old sourdough breadcrumbs, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely-diced onion
- 1 cup celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 3 teaspoons red pepper flakes, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce (more to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1 (15 ounce) cansweet cream-style corn
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked peeled crawfish tails (I use frozen)
- 3 cups stock (I use vegetable, but stock made from turkey neck is acceptable if you aren't vegetarian)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Thaw crawfish tails.
- Saute' onion, celery, and garlic in butter until soft.
- Mix with remaining ingredients in large bowl until well blended.
- Bake in large Pyrex dish at 350 until golden brown.