Crazycook in PA's Note:
I found this recipe on another website but it is an Emeril Lagasse recipe. These are simple to make and really good. I find that stuffed mushrooms with bread crumbs tend to be dry. These have no bread crumbs, therefore, they are very juicy and moist. They have a little kick to them. I did add a little more mayonnaise as I thought the mixture was a little dry. I also omitted using the radicchio. I used a large can of crab claws found in the refrigerator section. The recipe originally calls for 12 ounces of mushrooms but I found that I had alot of mixture left over. These can be made ahead of time and then pop them in the oven at the last minute.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 2 dozen large white mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1/4 lb monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place mushroom caps on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 3In a large bowl, mix together crabmeat, garlic, jalapenos, pepper jack cheese, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese.
- 4Place a heaping tablespoon into the cap of each mushroom.
- 5Bake the mushroom caps for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.5
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 223.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: