Recipe by ~Nimz~
I love crab meat and added with my favorite pasta, you can't beat this one. It's a quick week night dinner.
Top Review by Digigirl
Perfect recipe! Easy, quick, healthy and tasty. I used chicken stock because it was all I had and it was just fine, but I'm sure fish stock would give it just that little extra kick. I made whole wheat rotini pasta and just tossed it in with the crab mixture and it was great. I did double the crab so I wouldn't have to have half a pound sitting in my fridge and it was great. Overall this is a major keeper and will go into our regular rotation. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, diced very small
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I add a little more)
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup salt-free fish stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 lb flaked crabmeat, with bones removed
- cooked pasta, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the oil with the garlic, bell pepper and red pepper flakes over moderate heat.
- When they sizzle, add the tomatoes, crushing them with your hands.
- Stir in the fish stock, tomato paste, parsley, sugar, lemon zest and bay leaf.
- Simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, until thick but still fairly liquid.
- Then stir in the crabmeat and continue simmering until the sauce is thick, 3-5 minutes more.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta such as spaghetti, linguine, fettuccine or fettuccelli.