Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a favorite at our office pot lucks. Everyone seems to enjoy it.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, drained (can use more or less to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Blend cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise well (I use a hand mixer to get it super smooth).
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Allow to chill for at least a half hour before serving to give the flavors a chance to blend together.
- Serve with your favorite crackers or crostini.
- This is also good made with either tuna or smoked salmon (could probably also use canned salmon, but I've never tried it that way).
- Dip could be warmed in a 350 degree oven if a warm dip is preferred.
We liked this a lot. I used Fat Free everything and about 1/4 yellow onion in place of the green. I also doubled the garlic. We used celery and carrot sticks for dippers. DH raved on about it so it goes in my Faves and Raves book. Thanks!
This was good after it sat overnight, but I thought that the horseradish and green onions overpowered the delicate flavor of the crab...or it may have just got drowned by the creamyness--a denser texture might have worked better. Next time I'm going to omit the sour cream and reduce the mayo--that might make it a five star dip.