Recipe by AmyZoe
I found this in Taste of the Holidays (Idaho Press Tribune), and it's good stuff. I ate mine on hot buttered garlic bread and substituted imitation lobster for crab. I also heated the dip in the oven. Recipe is posted as written and courtesy of Velma Van Vanblaricom, Caldwell, Idaho. Thank you Velma!
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons instant minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper sauce or 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat
- crackers or vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mayonnaise, minced onion, lemon juice, white wine, minced garlic, red pepper or hot pepper sauce, and cream cheese in food processor until smooth.
- Stir in crab meat and mix well.
- Cover and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve warm.