Recipe by Jezebella Rains
The cream cheese and sour cream can be substituted for the fat free versions for a healthy appetizer. I serve this on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and Easter, everyone looks forward to it. If they only knew how simple it is to make.
- 1 lb lump snow crab meat
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream, softened
- 1⁄3 cup seafood cocktail sauce (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment, mix cream cheese on medium speed for about 1 minute.
- Slowly add sour cream and mix until there is no lumps, scraping sides of the bowl.
- Add cocktail sauce, hot sauce and onion, then mix until smooth.
- Fold in crab meat.
- Chill overnight.
- Serve with veggies and gourmet crackers.