Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are wonderful! These are perfect for the coming holidays! We made them with fresh ingredients (if possible) and low-fat ingredients. Found this on Food and Family, Holiday 2007 edition. I had these for the "Cooking Club" and this way the resident's could prepare and then eat their "sandwichito" pitas. Of course, they had help - there were two teachers and myself. These we prepared for the other residents as well. Diet Exchange: 1/2 Starch, 1 Meat (VL), 1/2 Fat
- 6 1⁄2 ounces fresh crabmeat, picked clean or 6 1⁄2 ounces canned crabmeat, drained
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (of course we didn't use any)
- 8 mini whole wheat pita bread, cut crosswise in half
- dill sprigs, for garnish
- Mix crabmeat, mayo, Parmesan cheese and pepper sauce.
- Fill pita bread pockets evenly with crab mixture.
- Top each with dill sprig.
- **Prepare as directed, substituting 16 thawed frozen miniature phyllo shells for the 8 halved miniature pita rounds.