Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Serve on top of a crisp green salad for a first course, in your favorite crusty roll,inside a toasted pita with a tangy tartar sauce for a light meal, straight up as an appetizer or just make a meal out of them.
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1⁄4 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb cleaned shelled shrimp, chopped
- 3 lbs lump crabmeat
- vegetable oil, to cover bottom of pan
- Mix all but crabmeat and oil together till combined.
- Gentle toss in crabmeat.
- Don`t overmix.
- Make 40 patties.
- Heat pan with oil and fry turning to golden brown on both sides.
- Brown in batches adding oil as needed.
- Serve with a Horseradish Mayo or tartar sauce.
- Just a tip so they stay togerther while frying- You make the patties then refrigerate them for an hour before frying. You can also roll them in Panko flakes or bread crumbs before frying.
Excellent flavor! Because they were very wet and wouldn't hold together very well, I added 1/4 cup more fresh breadcrumbs, and patted them into 2" mini-cakes on a cornmeal covered surface. This helped hold them together. On a greased griddle, I fried them about 5 minutes until golden on each side. Thanks for a delicious recipe, Rita.
These were very delicious! My only criticism was that I had trouble keeping them together while frying--i don't know if that was my fault or not. I would highly recommend them on taste though!