Recipe by Rita~
Serve on top of a crisp green salad for a first course, in your favorite crusty roll,inside a toasted pita with a tangy tartar sauce for a light meal, straight up as an appetizer or just make a meal out of them.
Top Review by BeachGirl
Excellent flavor! Because they were very wet and wouldn't hold together very well, I added 1/4 cup more fresh breadcrumbs, and patted them into 2" mini-cakes on a cornmeal covered surface. This helped hold them together. On a greased griddle, I fried them about 5 minutes until golden on each side. Thanks for a delicious recipe, Rita.
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1⁄4 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb cleaned shelled shrimp, chopped
- 3 lbs lump crabmeat
- vegetable oil, to cover bottom of pan
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all but crabmeat and oil together till combined.
- Gentle toss in crabmeat.
- Don`t overmix.
- Make 40 patties.
- Heat pan with oil and fry turning to golden brown on both sides.
- Brown in batches adding oil as needed.
- Serve with a Horseradish Mayo or tartar sauce.
- Just a tip so they stay togerther while frying- You make the patties then refrigerate them for an hour before frying. You can also roll them in Panko flakes or bread crumbs before frying.