Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Who doesn't like crab cakes? I found this on another site and the photo looked so amazing I just had to save this recipe. Cooking time is approximately 10 minutes..........the extra 60 minutes is for the refrigeration time required (prior to frying).
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
KEY LIME MUSTARD SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Pick over the crabmeat to remove any shell or cartilage, trying not to break up the chunks too much.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the butter and olive oil. Moisten hands with a little water and shape the mixture into eight fat ball-like cakes. (They will flatten slightly during cooking.) Place them on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- While crab cakes are in the fridge, prepare sauce. Combine all ingredients, mix well and chill.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium-high heat. Carefully lay the crab cakes into the butter and oil and fry until crusty and browned, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with sauce.
- Serve hot, with Key Lime Mustard Sauce.