Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A spicy side dish, or main course. Very good!
- 1 (5 ounce) package couscous
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1⁄4 cup pimento stuffed olive, drained and chopped
- parsley (to garnish)
- Prepare couscous according to the package directions, adding raisins to the cooking water.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté zucchini and carrots until tender.
- Add coriander, cayenne pepper and garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the garbanzo beans, water and olives and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add couscous and toss to mix.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
I used golden raisins instead and nearly doubled the spices. I LOVE this! It's good hot or cold. It is so easy, too. Thank you for the recipe!