Recipe by Lene
A wonderfully zestful combination of couscous, fresh herbs, spices and pine nuts - delicious served with some roasted vegetables as a vegeterian main course and a fabulous accompaniment to any grilled fish or meat.
Top Review by currybunny
This was a very nice couscous dish which goes well with grilled meats. I used 3/4 cup couscous and stock for two generous servings and halved the other ingredients. I subbed almonds for the pine nuts. Tasty and easy to make!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 350 ml chicken stock
- 10 g saffron strands
- 6 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 225 g couscous
- 1 coarsely grated lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 red chilies, seeded and very finely chopped
- 50 g pine nuts, roasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a large pan. Add the garlic, cumin, coriander and paprika and fry over a gently heat for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the stock and saffron and bring to the boil. Add the salad onions and then pour in the couscous in a steady stream and give it a quick stir.
- Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid, remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes, to allow the grains to swell and absorb the stock.
- If you are serving this warm, stir in the rest of the oil and the remainig ingredients now. Otherwise, leave the couscous to cool and chill in the ridge fir 1 hour before adding all the other ingredients for a delicous cold couscous salad.