Spicy Courgettes / Zucchini With Saffron Risotto
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan, then add the zucchini and fry for 3-4 mins until browned.
- Sprinkle with paprika, drain, then transfer to a shallow ovenproof baking dish.
- Add the remaining oil to the frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned.
- Add chopped tomatoes, chili, sugar and seasoning, then cook for a further 2 minutes
- Spoon sauce over the zucchini, then put in the oven on a low shelf.
- Put the risotto rice into a casserole dish with the boiling water, then season. Cover and cook in the oven, above the zucchini, for 20 mins until the rice and zucchini are tender.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork, then spoon onto warmed serving plates. Top with the zucchini mixture and garnish with fresh basil leaves and cheese.