Spicy Country-Fried Steaks
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish; sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper if desired; dredge steaks evenly in flour mixture.
- Fry steaks, in batches, in 1/4 inch hot oil in a large nonstick skillet 3-4 minutes on each sided or until golden.
- Remove steaks, and keep warm.
- Carefully drain hot oil, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- Whisk gravy mix, milk, and cayenne pepper into reserved drippings in skillet; cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, 3-6 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve gravy with steaks.