Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 6 (4 ounce) cube steaks
- vegetable oil
- 1 (2 2/3 ounce) package country gravy mix (I use McCormick's)
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish; sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper if desired; dredge steaks evenly in flour mixture.
- Fry steaks, in batches, in 1/4 inch hot oil in a large nonstick skillet 3-4 minutes on each sided or until golden.
- Remove steaks, and keep warm.
- Carefully drain hot oil, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- Whisk gravy mix, milk, and cayenne pepper into reserved drippings in skillet; cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, 3-6 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve gravy with steaks.
Woo Hoo!! I made this at my brother's request. This is a new family favorite. The steak had a great crispy crust. But the gravy was the star of this show. A great spicy, creamy taste. We couldn't stop eating this. Thanks Nurse Di.
Wow, this is hightly recommended! We usually don't like the gravy on our steaks so I usually just don't make it, but....before I always made it like the package states, wow....what a great gravy this made. My whole family loved it, even the kids, this is a keeper in our house for Sure. Thanks!!!
Excellent! Thank you for the great recipe.